Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Class In Session


There are things in life that we will never understand, like how the Egyptians managed to build pyramids that have stood the test of time or how the probability of lightening striking twice in the same place works. Well, to me, the biggest mystery of all is how GROWN people can't spell words you learn in 7th grade!

I FULLY understand some words are tricky. Trust me, I know. I can't spell my way out of a paper bag but you will NEVER get an email from me with REMEDIAL words spelled all crazy like (not with spell check around). All words aren't spelled the way they sound. Think back to ummm pre-k when you learned the alphabet. Remember when we all (that's where I went wrong, assuming everyone learned the basics) learned that there are some letters that sound like others?

Well, here is my reason behind this blog: I got an email on facebook from someone about a "movie role." At first he sounded pretty professional, despite the ENTIRE fact it's a facebook message for a "movie role" (that's another blog), until I got to the last sentence. Apparently the role is for a "Fantasy Girl" and requires a...... "BEKENI." Do you guys realize I sat at my computer sounding this word out for at least 2mins trying to figure out WTF it was! As I look to his display picture, I'm thinking... "Please don't be black... Please don't be black" DAMNIT!!!! He's black! Thanks for setting us back 10years, jackass!

No comments:

Post a Comment